All Parties in Recently Scheduled or Rescheduled Cases are Expected to Appear
While the number of bench trials scheduled for any given session in Greenville Municipal Court has been reduced to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, court is still in session. Municipal Court personnel have taken extensive measures to make court attendance safe for all required to attend and court dates have been set to limit the number of people in the courthouse and individual courtrooms at all times.
Court dates may be rescheduled under certain circumstances but only by the officer on the case or by the court. If you have retained an attorney who has requested a jury trial on your behalf, you do not need to appear on the date indicated on your original citation. Otherwise, if you have received a traffic citation, been arrested for a municipal court charge or have otherwise been summoned to appear in Greenville Municipal Court, you should plan to appear on your scheduled court date.
All court patrons will be subject to security screening before entering the building, including temperature screening. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you will be turned away and your case continued.
Municipal Court requests that:
- Childcare arrangements are made where possible
- Companions of competent adult court patrons wait outside or in the car
- You arrive early to allow time for security screening
- Leave ALL of the following items at home or in your vehicle:
- Briefcases, bags, backpacks, purses (wallets or billfolds are allowed)
- Weapons and knives
- Drinks or food
- Foil packages such as cigarette wrappers
- Umbrellas must be left in the front door foyer – they are not allowed through Court Security
- If possible, please do not wear steel toe shoes/boots
- Once inside, you follow instructions from court personnel and follow social distancing guides
For more information, contact email@example.com or 864-467-6650.