Due to road closures for Fall for Greenville, the trolleys will only operate as Park and Ride Shuttles from County Square to the festival. Park and Ride hours are:
Thursday (10/10) – 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Friday (10/11) – 4:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Saturday (10/12) – 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Sunday (10/13) – 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Track the real-time location of the Trolleys using the FindGreenlink app.
Downtown trolleys add to the excitement and enjoyment of Greenville's Main Street experience. The red and blue open-air trolleys offer a vintage look and feel complete with a cow catcher on the front and wooden bench seats inside. Trolleys are wheelchair accessible and are equipped with bicycle racks.
To ensure safety, passengers are restricted to board and exit the trolley at designated trolley stops.
Downtown trolleys are fare free, and operate on Thursdays and Fridays from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m., and on Sundays from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Owned and operated by Greenlink, the downtown trolleys are the result of a public-private partnership between Greenlink, the City of Greenville, South Carolina and The Greenville Drive.
Downtown trolleys operate on a fixed-stop system, making a continuous loop along each route. To board the trolley along the routes, passengers must stand near one of the trolley stop signs.
- Trolley drivers may only allow passengers on and off the trolley at designated stops.
- To alert the driver you are ready to disembark, pull the yellow cord that runs along the wall at seat level. Once you pull the cord, the driver will let you off at the next designated trolley stop.
- The maximum ride time is one complete loop of the trolley route. Passengers may not remain on board the trolley continuously.
- Trolleys are not available for private events.
- Drinks must have a secure lid, something that screws or snaps on and won't fall off or create a spill if the drink is dropped on the floor of the trolley. Food may not be consumed while on board the trolley.
- No person shall bring or carry aboard a vehicle, or take into a station, any animal not housed in an enclosed animal carrier. The animal carrier must not exceed 19”x13”x9” in size, have ventilation on 2 or more sides, and be leak- and escape-proof. Animals must be able to stand up, turn around, and lie down in their carrier. Service animals are exempt from this policy.
Greenville County Square serves as a permanent trolley park-and-ride, so trolley passengers can park their cars at no charge and catch the trolley to their favorite downtown destinations.
Additionally, the Trolley Park and Ride Lot at 106 Augusta Street has a trolley stop adjacent to the parking lot.
You may also park and any City of Greenville operated parking garages. More information can be found on the Parking Services website.
The Trolley Tracker app allows users to track the real-time location of Greenville's free trolleys that run up and down Main Street. The app was developed by a volunteer team of programmers from Code for GVL. Use the app to:
- See the stops along the trolley route
- Locate the trolleys
- Estimate walking time to get to a trolley stop